©2017 Georgia Institute of Technology | School of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
311 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, GA 30332-0100 | Phone: (404) 894-1838 | Fax: (404) 894-2866
Accountability | christopher.jones [at] chbe.gatech.edu (subject: Jones%20Group%20Inquiry) (Contact Us) | Legal & Privacy Information | Tech Lingo | Group Login | Logout
B.S. Chemistry, Vietnam National University, Hanoi College of Science
Ph. D. Chemistry, University of Houston
Profs. Lars C. Grabow and Olafs Daugulis (Ph. D.)
Profs. Christopher W. Jones and William S. Epling (Postdoc)
Molecular catalysis for carbon-hydrogen bond functionalization and bifunctional catalyst for tandem reactions.
1. Tran, H.-V., Wang, S., Grabow, L. G. “Methane Activation by Surface Oxygen Species on Au(111), Pd(111), and Au3Pd(111) Surfaces”, to be submitted.
2. Wang, S., Tran, H.-V., Epling W. S., Grabow, L. C. “Universal descriptor for methane activation in the presence of oxidizing agents”, to be submitted.
3. Tran, H.-V., Doan, H. A., Chandler B. D., Grabow, L. C. “Water-assisted oxygen activation during selective oxidation reactions”, Curr. Opin. Chem. Eng. 2016, 13, 100-108.
4. Tran-Vu, H., Daugulis, O. “Copper-Catalyzed Carboxylation of Aryl Iodides with Carbon Dioxide” ACS Catalysis 2013, 3, 2417-2420.
5. Do, H.-Q., Tran-Vu, H., Daugulis, O. “Copper-Catalyzed Homodimerization of Nitronates and Enolates under an Oxygen Atmosphere”, Organometallics 2012, 31, 7816-7818.
What is your favorite holiday?
Running and Playing Tennis