©2017 Georgia Institute of Technology | School of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
311 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, GA 30332-0100 | Phone: (404) 894-1838 | Fax: (404) 894-2866
Accountability | christopher.jones [at] chbe.gatech.edu (subject: Jones%20Group%20Inquiry) (Contact Us) | Legal & Privacy Information | Tech Lingo | Group Login | Logout
Dr. Yoshinobu Tsujii (Ph. D.), Dr. Christopher Jones (Postdoctoral Fellow)
Separation and Reaction of Trace Air Pollutants
Because air quality is an area of emerging importance for human health, the development of commercially viable materials that can reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs) is an important topic. On the project DOW and Georgia Tech are collaborating, he is working on making innovative materials that abate VOCs of indoor/outdoor by adsorptive and catalytic pathways.
1. Akihiro Nomura, Christopher W. Jones “Amine-functionalized Porous Silicas as Adsorbents for Aldehyde Abatement” submitted.
2. Osamu Sato, Takahiro Kasai, Akihiro Nomura, Yoshinobu Tsujii, Sungmin Kang, Masatoshi Tokita, Junji Watanabe “Viscoelastic PS brush surface offering strong anchoring at low temperature and near-zero anchoring at high temperature for LC molecules” Liquid Crystals, 40, 2, 221-227, 2013.
3. Akihiro Nomura, Kohji Ohno, Takeshi Fukuda, Takaya Sato, Yoshinobu Tsujii “Lubrication Mechanism of Concentrated Polymer Brushes in Solvents: Effect of Solvent Viscosity” Polymer Chemistry 3, 148-153, 2012.
4. Hwang Do-Hoon, Akihiro Nomura, Kim Jeongsik, Kim Ji-Hoon, Cho Hyunduck, Lee Changhee, Ohno Kohji, Tsujii Yoshinobu “Synthesis and characterization of polystyrene brushes for organic thin film transistors” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 12, 5, 4137-4141, 2012.
5. Akihiro Nomura, Kenji Okayasu, Kohji Ohno, Takeshi Fukuda, Yoshinobu Tsujii “Lubrication Mechanism of Concentrated Polymer Brushes in Solvent: Effect of Solvent Quality and thereby Swelling State” Macromolecules 44, 5013-5019, 2011.
6. Akihiro Nomura, Atsushi Goto, Kohji Ohno, Eiichi Kayahara, Shigeru Yamago, Yoshinobu Tsujii “Controlled Synthesis of Hydrophilic Concentrated Polymer Brushes and Their Friction/Lubrication Properties in Aqueous Solutions” Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry 49, 5284-5292, 2011.
7. Tokita Masatoshi, Sato Osamu, Inagaki Yusuke, Nomura Akihiro, Tsujii Yoshinobu, Kang Sungmin, Fukuda Takeshi, Watanabe Junji “High-Density Poly(methyl methacrylate) Brushes as Anchoring Surfaces” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 50, 071701, 2011.
8. Jeongsik Kim, Akihiro Nomura, Takeshi Fukuda, Atsushi Goto, Yoshinobu Tsujii “Use of Alcohol as Initiator for Reversible Chain Transfer Catalyzed Polymerization” Macromoecular Reaction Engineering 4, 272-277, 2010.
9. Yoshinobu Tsujii, Akihiro Nomura, Kenji Okayasu, Weiping Gao, Kohji Ohno, Takeshi Fukuda “AFM Studies on Microtribology of Concentrated Polymer Brushes in Solvents” Journal of Physics: Conference Series (IOP Publishing), 184, 012031, 2009.
Favorite TV show/movie
The Great Escape-Steeve Mcqueen
Polyethylene (simple-but so many physical properties)