Favorite hobbies? Play tennis and soccer
Favorite sports player? Rafael Nadal
B.S. Chemical and Biological Engineering, Korea University 2011
M.S. Chemical and Biological Engineering, Korea University 2013
Developing flow reactor system for C-H functionalization, Fundamental understanding of chemisty & physics of CO2 adsorption
To enable an enantioselective C-H functionalization in flow, we are developing a flow reactor system with hollow fiber reactor, where organometallic catalyst is immobilized in the porous fiber wall. This project is based on the supported amine adsorbents to extract CO2 from air. We are going to fundamentally understand the process of CO2 adsorption/desorption at the molecular level by studying ulta-low pressure CO2- amine interactions.
- C.-J. Yoo, D. Rackl, C. W. Jones, H.M.L. Davies, “Synthesis of Donor-/Acceptor-Substituted Diazo Compounds in Flow and their Application in Enantioselective Dirhodium-Catalyzed Cyclopropanation and C–H Functionalization” Org. Lett. (2017) 19, 3055-3058
- F. Liu, K. Huang, C.-J. Yoo, C. Okonkwo, D. J. Tao, C.W. Jones, S. Dai, “Facilely Synthesized Meso-Macroporous Polymer as Support of Poly (ethyleneimine) for Highly Efficient and Selective Capture of CO2.”, Chem. Eng. J. (2016) 314, 466-476
- M. A. Sakwa‐Novak, C.-J. Yoo, S Tan, F Rashidi, C.W. Jones, “Poly (ethylenimine)‐Functionalized Monolithic Alumina Honeycomb Adsorbents for CO2 Capture from Air”, ChemSusChem, (2016) 9, 1859-1868
- C.-J. Yoo, L.-C. Lee, C. W. Jones, “Probing Intramolecular vs. Intermolecular CO2 adsorption on Amine-grafted SBA-15.”, Langmuir (2015) 31 13350-13360.
- M. A. Sakwa-Novak, A. P. Holewinski, C. B. Hoyt, C.-J. Yoo, S.-H. Chai, S. Dai, C. W. Jones. “Probing the Role of Zr Addition vs. Textural Properties in Enhancement of CO2 Adsorption Performance in Silica/PEI Composite Sorbents.” Langmuir, (2015) 31 9356-9365
- C.-J. Yoo, D.-W Lee, M.-S. Kim, D. J. Moon, K.-W. Lee, “The synthesis of methanol CO/CO2/H2 gas over Cu/Ce1-xZrxO2 catalysts.” J. Mol. Catal. A-Chem., 378 (2013) 225-262
- M.-S. Kim, S.-H. Chung, C.-J. Yoo, M.S. Lee,I.-H.Cho, D.-W Lee, K.-Y Lee, “Catalytic reduction of nitrate in water over Pd-Cu/TiO2 catalysts: Effect of the strong metal-support interaction (SMSI) on the catalytic activity.” Appl. Catal. B-Environ., 142-143, (2013) 354-361