Office: BH 418
How many countries have you lived in? 3- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, and USA
Favorite hobbies? Writing poetry and playing ping pong
Bachelor of Technology (Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering): Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria (2012)
Master of Science (Chemical Engineering): King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (2019).
Co-advised by Professor Jones and Professor Nair
Valorization of Kraft Black Liquor: Conversion of Enriched Hydroxy Acids to High-Value Lubricants and Waxes
The global pulp and paper industry uses the “kraft process” which involves pulp removal step that typically yields weak black liquor (BL) as a byproduct. The BL can be processed via membrane technology to recover high-purity Hydroxy Acids (HAs), which is a complex mixture of carboxylic and hydroxyl groups. Currently, the HAs are combusted along with lignin in the kraft process, for the production of steam and electricity. However, this project aims to harness the existing kraft process facilities to develop a novel catalytic route capable of converting HAs renewable feedstock to biofuels and specialty chemicals.
- Ojelade, Opeyemi A., and Zaman, S.F., 2021. Dehydrogenation and Hydrogenation Cycle of Methylcyclohexane–Toluene System for Liquid Phase Hydrogen Storage: Thermodynamic Reaction Equilibrium Investigation. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, pp.1-10.
- Ojelade, Opeyemi A., and Zaman, S.F., 2021. A review on CO2 hydrogenation to lower olefins: Understanding the structure-property relationships in heterogeneous catalytic systems. Journal of CO2 Utilization, 47, p.101506.
- Ojelade, Opeyemi A., and Zaman, S.F., 2021. Ammonia decomposition for hydrogen production: a thermodynamic study. Chemical Papers, 75(1), pp.57-65.
- Ojelade, Opeyemi A., and Zaman, S.F., 2020. A Review on Pd Based Catalysts for CO 2 Hydrogenation to Methanol: In-Depth Activity and DRIFTS Mechanistic Study. Catalysis Surveys from Asia, 24(1), pp.11-37.
- Ojelade, Opeyemi A., Zaman, S.F., Daous, M.A., Al-Zahrani, A.A., Malik, A.S., Driss, H., Shterk, G. and Gascon, J., 2019. Optimizing Pd: Zn molar ratio in PdZn/CeO2 for CO2 hydrogenation to methanol. Applied Catalysis A: General, 584, p.117185.
- Ojelade, Opeyemi A. and Zaman, S.F., 2019. CO2 hydrogenation to methanol over PdZn/CeO2 catalyst. Comptes rendus de l’Académie bulgare des Sciences, 72(6).
- Kekpugile, D. K., & Ojelade, Opeyemi A., (2015). Development of Predictive Model for Concentration Distribution of Crude Oil in Polluted Soil Medium. Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 53-66.
- Kekpugile, D. K., & Ojelade Opeyemi A., (2015). Experimental Analyses of the Physiochemical Parameters for Concentration Distribution in a Polluted Soil Medium. Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 10-24.